Thursday, July 22, 2010

You said I couldn't...

Oh, it was probably 4 years ago. I was walking through hastings with my friend when out of the blue she told me that she didn't think that I'd ever be able to read more than one book at a time. I was astounded by her attack on what seemed my intelligence. Her assumption that I wasn't capable of more than one thought was astounding. I know they, whoever they are, think that most men don't possess the capabilities of of doing more than one thing at a time, but I assure you, that I am not one of those men. I revel in the opportunity to multi-task. If I didn't do it so often nothing in my life would ever be accomplished. To assume so boldly that I can't do more than one menial task at a time is appalling. You said that I wouldn't ever be able to read more than one book at a time and I went above and beyond that and am now engrossed in three different books. Yes, I do feel better about myself.

-Jeremy-

No comments: