Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today we talk greek

School starts in 5 days.  How in the world did it sneak up on me so fast?  Yesterday, I was taking my finals.  Today, I'm planning on how to get to new classes.  Ugh...looking at the big picture is hard.  I remember I was given a piece to a giant picture, while I was in High School.  We were told to guess what the picture was.  None of us were able to guess because we didn't have the whole picture.  Once the picture was put together it made a giant poster of Mickey.  Why, I remember this of all things I will never know.  I suppose I'm holding a tiny piece when I could be holding Mickey. 

I'm working on a 2011 post.  I'm trying to remember all of the highlights of the past year.  You know, everything significant that happened to JMP in the past year.  I can think of a few things, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to work with Melissa on this one in order to get this done.  So, look forward to an amazing post from both Melissa and me.






Today we go Greek.  Greek yogurt that is.  What is the hype about this stuff?  Well, let me tell you the brief, non chemical version, of Greek yogurt.  Everyone in the United States, well probably not everyone, but a lot of people are starting to get behind the Greek.  They're saying that it's better.  It's better tasting.  It has more health benefits.  It has more protein.  Well, let me tell you, Greek Yogurt, from what I've read, is just like the American yogurt that you bought before the Greeks came over the seas.  Now, why do you care?  You probably don't.  That's not my problem.  If you've read this far you probably want an answer to the questions I asked.  Greek yogurt, in my opinion actually tastes a bit more tart then the "American" stuff that you find in the grocery store(I'm referring to the plain flavor).  It's more concentrated-meaning that it's thicker.  When you dip your spoon into it don't except it to dish out smoothly like your yoplait.  If the sources I read are true then the Greek isn't healthier than the American stuff.  It does have a bit more protein in it due to it's concentration.  BUT, don't go out of your way to spend 2 more dollars on Greek when the American stuff will suffice.


-Jeremy- 

No comments: