Thursday, January 29, 2015

blood and change


 I find that I am at a loss for words.  I want to type something triumphant.  I want to explore with you the vast depths of my mind.  I cannot find the words that would best express how I am feeling.  I'm tired and worn.  There is a lot that has changed in my life.  I can no longer say that I am the same person that I was ten years ago... and it's scary.  It's scary to wake up and realize that you have changed.  It's scary yet exhilarating.  I find the new road that I am now traveling is a road that I was meant to travel down a while ago.  It's like standing up in a pitch black room hoping that you won't fall into a never-ending pit.  How does one take that leap?  Do we stand up, not knowing the outcome, or stay sitting and never know what was ever possible?  When I finally took the jump that would change my life, I didn't fall into a pit.  I stood on solid ground.  I stood up in the devils light and felt like my life was finally starting.  It's been rough the past few days and I'm ready to sleep.



Melissa and I are taking the 1001 challenge seriously.  We've already made our way through the brownies and the chocolate chip cookies (Yes, those were all in there).  We have had butternut squash, which Melissa made into an amazing soup.  It was smooth yet still a little chunky, but it tasted so fresh and inviting.  It was a good change from all of the casseroles and pasta dishes we have found ourselves eating these past few weeks.  We bought an eggplant and a blood orange which will be devoured in the next few days.  I am trying to find a good recipe that asks for eggplant.  I know that I can bread it, fry it, and call it Parmesan, but I don't really want to do that.  I was thinking about sauteing it down, adding cabbage, carrots, and a few other spices and making some veggie spring rolls.  We'll see if that happens.  I'm excited to try all of these food.

-Jer

No comments: