Monday, January 5, 2015

Day five- I'm not alive

Today...has been long.  I can't honestly say that I've had as long of day as I have today.  I'm trying to get over a cold that has given me a cough and a sore throat.  Three days ago I woke up and couldn't speak.  I've been trying to nurse myself better but Paige has entered into her terrible 4's and thinks that if she pouts, complains, acts sad, pretends to be mad, and sulks in the corner that she will get what she wants.  I was so tired of her attitude today that I sent her to bed really early.  She is currently in her bedroom yelling for "mommy" while Parker lays in his bed telling her that he is mommy.  To top it all off, Preston decided to spit up in my mouth as I was trying to use him as a make-shift bench press.  It was salty and slimy and nothing that I'd ever consider food.  He now thinks that if he stares at me and smiles that I will forgive him. 



I did however, have a chance to make a wonderful dinner.  I made cabbage and kielbasa.  I also made chuck-wagon corn(homemade) and took about 30 seconds out of my day to open a can of pickled beets.  I love pickled beets!  If you want the recipe just ask.  It was all pretty easy to make but it was a hit with my family.  It was pretty healthy and very filling.



Oh I also made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.


-Jer


 This was right after he spit in my mouth!

No comments: