Monday, February 8, 2010

Pink bellies and parties

The other night my friend texted me and told me how much she missed a few things in her life. I was taken back by it and didn't know how to respond. As I sat thinking about her text, not knowing what to say, a thought came into my head. I don't miss anything from my past. A few months ago (meaning before I got married), I thrived on the company of my friends. When I was with them I felt like I could do anything. I remembered all of the fun we had together and when we weren't doing something I felt a void. I was constantly trying to find things to do so we wouldn't have to have that feeling of "blah". When some of my friends moved away or went on missions I felt lonely and missed the times we had. I missed the experiences and felt a hole in my adventure box (yes I have an adventure box). Now that I'm married that void is gone. As I sat there after my friend had texted me I realized just how complete my life is now. I love my friends dearly and most of them have changed my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without Spring break 2008 or drinking parties but it seems that the only person who fills that void for me now is Melissa. She completes me in ways that my friends never did. Without her I'd still be searching for something to fill the gap left from past experiences.

That being said though, I still need my friends. I need Jackie's "hot pockets" and Brady's "pink bellies". I need the memory of Spring break 2008 and me being a PMSing polygamist. I need Madison telling me how unhealthy things are then turning around and eating frozen burritos. I need friends like Katie who has been there for me since 1st grade and Brady C. who knows the inner workings of a stick-lax and dirt clods! I need Trevor to constantly tell me that we need to make enchiladas and Christine to tell say that my writings make her laugh. I have so many friends that have changed my life. They have been there for me when the sun wasn't shining for me and when I couldn't see past the tip of my nose. They've all made me laugh and made me feel like I was the coolest person in the world. Melissa owes a lot to all of my friends. It was their friendship that made me who I am today. I don't know where I'd be if it hadn't been for them. Thank you!

-Jeremy-

No comments: