Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear springtime,

You are most welcome in the lives of the Sorensen's. It seems that after many months of dark and snowy clouds our bodies are longing for the warmth that only a nice sunshine can provide.

Due to the amazing weather that you are so generously giving to these frigid depths I was able to wear flip-flops for the first time this year. It made my feet feel free. It gave them the opportunity to breathe and freshen from the captivity that I had placed them in for so long. They felt alive for the first time in a long time. It almost felt as though they were crying for joy at the amount of freedom they were being aloud to have. Thank you springtime I owe happy feet to you.

You have made my body feel alive and welcoming. I want to go out and frolic in a field of grass. I want to rip off these chainful pants that bind my legs in darkness. The gloomy whiteness they illuminate must be dispelled by your grace and beauty. Oh springtime, I am happy you have arrived.

I implore you though, with all of the fervor that I can muster. Please, do not allow any more snow to fall. It's cold, wet, and makes for very uncomfortable feet!


Sincerely yours,

Jeremy

No comments: