Friday, April 2, 2010

The perfect blend of beauty and phlebotomy

I'm starting to look at people's veins and trying to determine whether or not they would be good to stick with a needle. I've only been in the phlebotomy class for 2 days now and I'm already considering people more as objects than...well people. I'm sitting at work right now and when people check in, I determine which one of their veins, whether it's the basilic, medial, or cephalic(the only reason I said the names of the veins was to be sure I knew what they were) would be the best to stick. I'm still a novice when it comes to this but give me time and I'll be sticking people in the arm with the best of them. It's pretty cool when you successfully put the needle in the vein and the blood goes into the tube. I don't know about you but I feel a sense of accomplishment when I know I've done it correctly.

There are 4 things that I consider to be beautiful. This is a list that I came up with in the last few days and want to share it with you, my fellow bloggers.

1- My wife! She is beautiful in my eyes. She doesn't see her beauty most of the time, but to me, she is the most attrative woman in the world. She recently got her haircut and she has never looked more beautiful. She is what I consider beauty to be and I'm glad that she is mine. There is nothing more amazing than coming home from work and seeing her smiling at me.
2- The snow that sticks to the branches of the trees. I also think it's beautiful when water becomes frozen to the tree branches and makes the trees look completely white. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of the winter season but when I'm walking through a line of trees and they all look like this, it's amazing!
3- Beating a video game that has tested your time, your patience, and your marriage. You devote all of your energy and life into a video game and when you finally beat the final boss nothing is more glorious or beautiful. Well, maybe the tears falling down your face but that's just me.
4- The right blend of spices and herbs that makes the perfect meal. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing something that you have created come out of the oven, crock pot, or off of the stove and look, smell, and taste like heaven. This is another moment when your tears might be the only thing that is almost more beautful. Tears for the perfection that you have created. The creation of spices that made a meal turn into bliss for your palate.

-Jeremy-

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I love that your wife is your number 1 beautiful thing in life. that is exactly how it should be. I didn't realize you were going to be taking blood...since I can't spell the real title. Hope things are going well.