Thursday, August 12, 2010

For all of my foodies out there


I'm a foodie. If it involves food then you know that I'll be all over it. I don't just love to eat food, although that's a great part, I love everything that has to do with the culture of food. Food is, as I just said, a culture. All around the world you find people who have dedicated their lives to this stuff. They open restaurants, diners, bakeries, butcheries, and grocery stores. They have museums, TV shows, blogs, books, expos, carnivals, and magazines dedicated to this complex little substance. Food is everywhere and I love it.


I find myself constantly searching for something that involves food. When I'm online I search for stories about food. I look for unique recipes that I can change and make my own. I develop recipes of my own based on the basics of others. I test my skills by finding a recipe that's difficult and try and perfect it. I'm always looking up different spices, herbs, vegetables, and fruits, and learning about them. I love food and I love what I can do with it.


I'm not really sure when my love of food started. I have a memory of my friends and I making cooking shows and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. I thought making chocolate chip cookies was the greatest adventure when I was a little boy. I couldn't ever figure out how a glob of dough could transform itself but I always loved the result. When I was a missionary for my church I'd constantly make homemade lunches or dinners for myself while my companions opened a cup-o-noodles or a box of mac-n-cheese. Food has become apart of my life.


-Jeremy-

No comments: