Saturday, January 22, 2011

Writing love



I’m inspired by others. The things they do, write, and say all inspire me. You, the person who is reading this blog, inspire me. Doesn’t that make you feel so incredible! I mean, it’s because of you that I gain the inspiration to write. It’s because of you that I’m here writing on this blog. You are great. You are beautiful.

I wear a wrist band that has engraved into it “TO WRITE LOVE ON HER ARMS”. I haven’t had too many people ask me what it means. I have however, had a lot of people stare at it wondering what it is. I’ve had people read it and be too embarrassed to ask what it means. I’ve also had people read it and ignorantly assume to think that they already know what it means. “To write love on her arms” is to help those who are struggling. It is to help those who doubt. It’s meant to lift the suffering. It is worn by people who want to bring to light the sadness of suicide. It is worn by individuals who want to express that they care about those who are struggling with self-doubt, self-harm, and depression. TWLOHA (click here to read their story) is the founder of this wrist band. As someone who suffers with episodes of depression I proudly wear this band. I want people to know that they are not alone. They have someone who knows what they are going through. I wear this band as a sign that I’m not alone. There are others out there who struggle. I don’t need to fight by myself and neither do you. You are awesome!
-Jeremy-

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sorry I'm a little behind on your blog posts and I'm commenting so late. You may never see this comment. Haha! I have a TWLOHA shirt. When I wear it I get the same looks. Although I do enjoy the occasional "hey! I havea shirt like that!" Or "hey! To write love on her arms! Nice"