Sunday, January 23, 2011

Story time Sunday 1




Today is one of those days where you simply wish to smoke the peace pipe and sway back and forth. Well, that's how I feel right now. I'm currently listening to some real chill music on pandora and wishing I could just lay on the grass and make shapes with the clouds. I'm not sure anything could put me in a foul mood. I'm so relaxed and ready for anything. I'm even at work which makes this even weirder. If anyone had anything that they needed to get off of their chest, today would be the day to do it.

A lot of people have asked me how Melissa and I met. Today being Story time Sunday, I'm going to tell all of you the story of how we met and got married. First a little back story.

I remember praying daily that, God willing, I'd be able to attend USU(Utah State University). It was one of two schools that had yet to close their enrollment for fall semester 2007, and I didn't want to go to the other institution. When I received my acceptance letter in the mail I was extremely happy. It meant one of two things. First, I was actually going school. I wanted to be a doctor. It had been my dream to go to medical school for a few years and it was finally coming into fruition. Second, I didn't have to attend the other school that I had been dreading the thought of going to. The first month I was living in Logan(the city not my friend in NM), I found a job at Lee's Marketplace. It consumed my life, and needless to say, I didn't do very well in school. I also became so sick during my first year of school that it was hard for me to crawl out of bed in the morning. If it hadn't been for my friend Brady, I'm pretty sure I would have flunked out of all of my classes. I also wanted to quit my job more than than I needed air to breathe, but something kept me there. At the end of the school year I had the option of transfering down to the Lee's Marketplace in North Ogden or quitting. I knew that I would need a job during the summer so I transfered. This was the summer that I met my future wife, Melissa. I was the cashier on check stand one and she was the cashier on check stand two. Our relationship didn't bloom on the spot. We went on a few dates that summer but I had my sights set on another girl that we worked with. When Melissa left for school I kept in close contact with her; I also kept in contact with the other girl. In October of 2008, Melissa heard some very false rumors that were being spewed from the lips of the other girl about me, and told me never to speak to her again. I later found out that these rumours were a ploy to "get Melissa out of the picture". I explained myself to Melissa and our relationship busted out of the seams. We were engaged within a few months and were married on July 11, 2010.

-Jeremy-

No comments: