Wednesday, February 16, 2011

excuses



I'm back..nuff said!

I've decided that the human race is just one giant excuse. We all gather around the scale on a daily bases and justify why it jumped 5 pounds overnight. "It must be water weight" we tell ourselves. We justify why the scale would tell us that we need to lose weight. We wonder why the doctor would tell us we have high cholesterol. Could it be that we aren't taking care of our bodies? NO!!! How could I possibly say something like that. I need to be slapped. It has to be someone elses fault. I was at the grocery store yesterday waiting for Paige's prescription when I overheard this lady talking to her mom. She was sitting with her hand in one of those blood pressure cuffs. You know, the type that every pharmacy has with the giant green and red buttons. You put your hand in the cuff and push one button. There is no possible way to mess it up. Well, she was sitting there having a conversation with her mom as to why the reading had to be absolutely wrong. She was making excuse after excuse to reason down her high blood pressure. She put the cuff on wrong, the boy messed it up, she didn't release enough air from the reading before, she'd been walking around, and my personal favorite was that if it had actually been that high she would have had to go to the hospital and be put on medication. I think she took the reading 4 or 5 times while I was waiting in line. I'm pretty sure after the fourth time if you're receiving the same answer it isn't the machine. We make excuses to defend ourselves, to protect others, and to spare feelings. We make excuses so that we don't have to deal with the consequences of our actions. Life is one giant excuse. Humans are one pitiful excuse.

I deleted my facebook. Yes, I've said that exact phrase before. But, I am not going to be reactivating it. I have reasons for doing so but they are mine and I will keep them with me. I'm done with facebook and I'm grateful.

-Jeremy-

No comments: