Friday, July 8, 2011

6 months full of music

**DISCLAIMER**
This wasn't previewed before I posted it. If there are any grammatical mistakes(which I do try and take care of) then I'm sorry. I've been in quite a rush these past few nights.


It's been another 6 months full of great music. This music is nothing like what you've seen from me before. I don't have any screaming(hard rock) in my top 10 this time. It's a lot of moody down to earth music. This music, if you ever listen to it, will make you think. It'll make you think about your life. I know that sounds dramatic but if you're anything like me than that's exactly what it'll do for you. I've been thinking a lot about my own life these past few months and I think that's why some of this stuff has popped up in my top 10. There are also a few songs that haven shown up that I'm not sure where they came from. I hope you enjoy!

10- Shame- Matchbox Twenty- Honestly, I'm not sure why this is in my top 10. I do love Matchbox Twenty but I'm not sure I'm fond of this song. I'm thinking that it made my top 10 because I often will leave my ipod on while I'm not in the car. It's funny that my favorite song by this group didn't make it to my top 10. I would have thought that I'd have listened to that more.

9- Anchor-
Lifehouse- What can I say about Lifehouse? Well, they're my favorite band, I've listened to them since I was in Junior High, and they just keep getting better. This is another song that I don't usually listen to. I'm thinking that either Melissa, Paige, or a random ghost has begun to listen to my ipiddle while I'm not around. It's the only thing I can think of to justify the songs that usually don't get attention.

8- The wizard and I-
Wicked- I can understand why this one is on here. Last year Melissa decided to take some gift money that she received and went and purchased the Wicked soundtrack. I think in the course of the year that we've owned this music I've memorized almost all of the song. They are, believe it or not, very easy to adapt to your own life.

7-Had enough-
Lifehouse- Oh Lifehouse, only you could make it twice in my top 10 for the six months. You, with your poetic lyrics. You, with your addictive music. You, with your amazingness! I'm grateful to this day that my brother decided to let me have "Hanging by a moment" all of those years ago. Our relationship has had a few rocky paths but now it's stronger than it's ever been.

6-Singing in the rain/under my umbrella-
Glee version- As I watched this on Glee I got goose pimples everywhere. I had such a desire at the moment to be on the stage with them singing this song. I wanted rain to fall down on me...*cough*...I'll stop before this becomes too weird.

5- Solo para ti-
Camila- I'm not sure if any of you know this but I speak Spanish. I like Spanish music and often times there are moments when I can't get enough of it. I love how it just soothes your soul with it's poetic nature. Even if you don't understand the words that are being sung you feel changed by it anyway. This isn't my favorite song by this group but one that I like a lot.

4-Yesterday- The Beatles- The Beatles have forever changed the face of music. I'm surprised they aren't always in my top 10. I've recently fallen in love with this moody tune. I like a lot of their music but this one has popped up the most on my ipod.

3-Another heart calls- All American Rejects- This song has a dedication. I'm not going to tell you who I've dedicated it to because I'm not in the business to offend. It's one of those songs that, when you listen to it, you have to turn the radio up really loud at certain parts. If you ever listen to it you'll know what I mean. You also have to shove embarrassment aside and sing it at the top of your lungs; Especially if you are in the car because it makes it much more memorable for you.

2-Losing my Religion- R.E.M.- enuf said!

1- Gives you hell- All American Rejects- I listen to this song when I'm in a foul mood and when I'm trying to tell a joke. I listen to this song loud and proud. I like this song a lot and I'm not quite sure why. I don't think it's AAR's because song but I think it's quite memorable. I like it and I'm proud of it!

-Jeremy-

No comments: