Sunday, July 3, 2011




Do you honestly feel like a better person when you say such degrading things? Do you feel that it makes you smarter when all that seems to pop out of your mouth is slanderous garbage? Do you feel like the bigger person when the only words you ever use are swear words? Let me be the first person to inform you that it doesn't make you better, smarter, or the bigger person. When people have to listen to that junk spewing from your lips they only think less of you. When you use such disparaging language people only think you sound stupid. I'm not sorry for informing you of this because it's true. It doesn't matter who you are or what you are doing, when all that seems to ever come out of your mouth is that filth people are going to think you are the same.

I write this because I'm tired of walking down the street and hearing this language. I know it's everywhere but don't tell me to get used to it. It's not something that I want to ever be used too. It's terrible when you talk to someone and all they can use is slander. When they speak I want to grab a bar of soap and a rag and wipe their mouth out when they start talking.

I'm not saying that the people who swear are terrible people. I'm the last person to judge anyone by what they say, do, and think. I'd never want someone to judge me falsely so I try not to do it. My problem is that I see all around me amazing people who just can't seem to say anything intelligent. They seem to be wired to say those four letter words that make them sound ignorant. I know they aren't so I don't know why they do it. I used to be caught up in the act of swearing. It's taken many years but I've finally overcome the vice that I had when I was a teenager. That is why I know it isn't impossible to overcome.

I'm not going to judge you if you swear. In my head I always try and replace the swear word with something more appropriate. Paige on the other hand cannot. She is only 7 months old and isn't capable of turning your gutter mouth into a sugary cookie one. I hope that none of you take this to offense but I'd simple appreciate it if you tried your hardest not to swear around my family. I don't want Paige to be 2 years old and saying certain words in inappropriate places. I have a personal story of this happening with a member of Melissa's family. If you feel that you need to swear or say something disgusting please keep Melissa and Paige in mind. If that doesn't get through to you don't be offended if I just walk away.

-Jeremy-

No comments: