Friday, June 14, 2013

A bloggity post!

It's been a crazy few months.  I'm not going to try and make excuses as to why I haven't blogged, let's just assume that the craziness has a loud me to slip just a tiny bit!  I'm dedicating this blog to the few people who continue to read this blog.  This is an update!

Melissa started school at BYU-I, which packed on a tremendous amount of stress.  It took the kids and me a few weeks to feel comfortable with her absence.  In some cases we're still adjusting.  We weren't used to mommy leaving for a few hours a day and then staying in her room for more "school".  The kids are still adjusting to the constant pile up of homework she has every night.  I keep reminding her and myself that it's only for one more month and then she'll be done.  She'll have her degree.  I'm so excited and happy for her already!  I've seen the long journey it's been for her and I couldn't be more thrilled for her!  She is simply amazing.  She wants to attend Law School after she graduates.  She is going to take the LSAT in December.  She should be starting Grad. School next year.  She wants to get into the U of U of BYU.

I'm going to be attending Weber State.  I know, I told myself and probably many of you that I would never go to that University.  Well, after much thought and prayer Melissa and I decided that we needed to move closer to home, I needed to finish school, and WSU was the closest University to home.  It's okay though, they have the degree of choice for me.  Well, at least one of two of them.  I'm trying to decide whether I want to study Anthropology or English.  If I study one I'm going to do a minor in the other.  My ultimate goal in the end is to teach.  I want to be a professor.  I don't want to teach in a High School of Junior High.  I want to teach at a College or University.  I feel that they have more freedom than in a secondary school.  Also, it seems that the students are a little more grown up than in High School.  I've taken plenty of English classes to determine that I love it.  I'm taking some Anthropology classes in the fall to help me decide which path I want to take.  I've taken one Anthropology class before but it's focus was on linguistics which is only a sub-category of the overall discipline!

Since I will be going WSU in the fall we are moving back to Utah at the beginning of August.  We're going to be living out in Farr West until we can save enough money to buy a house.  We plan on living in UT for a few years.  Melissa and I feel that it's time that we finally settle down.




The kids are growing up like little weeds.  Paige has been potty-training for months now.  Today was a triumph day, she went the whole day, minus nap time, without going potty(daddy talk) in her diaper at all!  We were so proud of her!  An hour and a half before she went to bed we decided to put her in regular underwear to see how she would do.  At first she didn't want to wear them.  We had her in some training pants a few weeks ago and she had an accident and it scared her.  But, after the initial fear was gone, and much praise was given, she was so excited to wear them.  They also had lalaloopsy on them, which really helped.  She went the whole time without soiling them!  She even told us that she had to use the potty and went and still kept them dry while running to the potty.  She is growing up so fast.  Parker is continuing to teeth.  He only has two teeth but the others are fighting to come through his gums.  He is officially on solid food completely and he's not sure he likes it.  I mean, he likes all of the new and yummy food he receives, but he wants his bottle still.  He's a little demanding around dinner time too.  When we don't have his food on his tray right at 6 he turns into a little monster.  He's learning to walk and can now walk/wobble around only holding one of our hands instead of of both.  He turns one in two weeks and Melissa and I are still wondering where this past year went.

I deleted my other blog.  I decided that it was too much to try and manage two blogs.  You guys will just have to be content with this one blog and all of my ramblings here!

I'm going to promise you that I'm going to make a better effort to write here.  I'm not going to say it's going to be everyday but more than every 4 months!

-J-  

No comments: