Thursday, August 11, 2016

an update

It's been an amazing summer.  I can't believe that in less than a month it's going to be coming to an end.  I just want to take a moment to update everyone, or no one, on what's been happening with my little family and me these past few months.  I'm not going to post this one to facebook, so if you happen to stumble upon this blog before I write another one, Welcome!  Thanks, for the love.

We've had a lot of fun this summer.  Parker turned four and is super excited to start school...if we can ever find one for him to attend.  Preston turned two and hasn't stopped showing us just how much of a two year old he is.  We were able to take a family vacation.  We drove up to Northern Idaho and stayed a few days.  We hiked around the area, drove around the various lakes, and spent some time at Priest Lake, the lake I used to go to all of the time when I was a kid.  Melissa fell in love with the location and decided that it's our five year plan to move up there and start a new life.

 We bought a house, which I think is the biggest announcement that I can think about.  The lease was about to expire on our apartment and if we wanted to renew we would have to pay 100 dollars more than what we were paying at that moment, so we decided that if we were going to pay that much we should look into buying a home.  The day we decided to buy the house, our realtor called us and told us about a home that she was convinced that we would love.  Well....three months later we are in that house...and we do love it.  It's a red brick rambler with hardwood floors.  It has a finished basement and a large backyard.  It has five bedrooms two bathrooms and more storage than we know what to do with.  It also came with a lot of things that we didn't want.  Our swamp cooler was broken when we moved in, something we didn't know about before we bought the home.  There are about 10 cans of random paint in one of the storage areas.  We don't know what color they are as we haven't had time to do a thorough inspection.  There are a few other random things that we noticed but that comes with every home. 

I'm planning on writing on here more.  I know I say that...and maybe this time will be the time I actually do it...who knows.

-jer

No comments: