Saturday, August 27, 2016

Not much to mention

I wasn't going to write today. I wasn't feeling inspired, and to be honest, I'm still not feeling it. I didn't want you let you guys down however, so here I sit, trying to figure out what to say.

I had a friend on facebook post something that intrigued me. He said that he finds it interesting that when he was a kid everyone was writing in their journals/diaries and getting upset when people would read them and how everyone is now writing online and getting upset when people don't read them.  I will admit that when I started this blog seven years ago, I was only looking for the views. When I wouldn't get them, I'd get upset. I didn't understand how I could put something so awesome (or what I thought was awesome), on the internet and have no one read it. I've learned that I honestly don't care who reads it. I write for me and for my own. My ultimate goal for this blog is a hope that my posterity will stumble upon it in the future and be able to read about me. I don't read it to get the comments or the views. If you all stopped coming, I honestly wouldn't mind. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that. I love it when you stop by and when I hear your feedback. I enjoy knowing that there are people who read it. But, I love to write, and if you guys decided that this blog was the most boring thing you've ever read, I wouldn't be offended myself, if you stopped reading. But, just know, you'll miss out on amazing posts about food because let's be honest, there isn't a post that goes by that the mention of food isn't brought up.

-Jer

No comments: