Monday, February 6, 2017

a List of Things to Come!

I find that more people read my blog than I thought. I guess that means I have a following? Well, no one actually follows it. They just read it when I announce to Facebook that I've posted something new. But...I'll take it. Thanks for stopping by and reading.

I've decided that I need to change the blog up a little. I want to find a focus when I write, but I tend to like to write about a little bit of everything. That's why...I'm changing things up a bit. When I come on here, depending on the day of the week, I will have a specific focus that I will write on. I haven't worked all of the bugs out yet (that is my head), but when I do, things should start flowing a little better. Here are my thoughts:

Monday- Photo day. I enjoy taking photos and sharing them. I think this would be a good day to take post a picture/s of things that I found to be amazing.

Tuesday- My opinion on things day. I have a lot of opinions that I usually refrain from sharing with the masses due to ruffling feathers. I'm going to use Tuesdays as a day that I express how I feel on current world affairs. These will range from politics to world hunger. I don't know...whatever my mind has been thinking about.

Wednesday- List day. I love lists. I think a list is a great way to compartmentalize that things that one needs to get done or figure out. Lists for me, are a way to find a focus. When I write a list of things I need to do, I tend to be able to get them done much quicker so I can move on to something more exciting. Like writing more lists!

Thursday- How's my new lifestyle going...day? It's been over a month and I'm going strong. I was at my inlaws tonight and they offered to feed us. My kids enjoyed the beef soup that they made, but I sat there and pretended like the cheesy bread that they didn't offer me wasn't hurting my heart a little..that is emotionally!

Friday- Recipe day. I have a plethora of recipes and I'd love to start sharing them with you. I'm not supposed to be working or going to school on Fridays, so it's a great time for me to experiment with new recipes and share ones that I have already created. This will be the day that I cook. My goal is to cook/bake something every Friday. Whether or not it makes it to the blog will depend on how busy I am.

Saturday- Writing day. I'm studying English in school. I love to write...more specifically I love to write short stories and poetry. Those two things will dominate my Saturdays. I also like to free write, which will end up being clunked in on this day.

Sunday- Religiously non-active day? This day probably will be written on the least. I do have a lot of thoughts on religion, and although I don't consider myself a very religious person anymore (spoilers for those of you who didn't know that already), I do hold religion with a sort of reverence.

I'm not going to be writing everyday. When I try and make myself write daily, I tend to not enjoy it as much. I remember when I was a teenager and used my blog to express my deepest emotions. I only wish I had time to do that again. When I do post something, expect to know what the general theme will be when I post. How fitting that today is Monday and I wrote a list which belongs on Wednesday. Oh well...I'll start tomorrow.

What do you guys think...let me know!

-Jer

No comments: