Sunday, October 23, 2011

My friends

I've been thinking a lot about my friends lately.  Yes, the people who read this blog, I've been thinking about you.  Maybe I haven't been thinking about you individually but collectively I've been thinking about you.  You should feel special.  Your noses should feel very itchy.  I pray for you and hope that all of you are in a place that makes you happy.  We may not speak as often as we promised we would.  Heck, we may not speak at all anymore.  But I want you to know that you are still just as important to me today as you were the day we met. 

I don't know exactly why I've been thinking about my friends.  I suppose it has a lot to do with the fact that Melissa and I moved to a new city where we don't have any.  We aren't the kind of couple to knock on our neighbors door and invite them over for a lively game of Parcheesi and hot cocoa.  So, not having made too many new acquaintances down here in Utah County causes a lot of time to ponder the friends I have in many locations throughout this planet.  Friends in North Ogden, Farr West, Logan, Montana, Wyoming, California, Puerto Rico, and England.  I have friends that have moved and I have no idea where they are anymore.  I miss them and wish them well. 

This isn't meant to be a negative post.  It's simply where my mind has wondered as of late.  Melissa, who is my absolute best friend and always will be, and I have been talking about our friends.  The friends we share, the ones we don't, and the ones that we haven't heard from for a long time. 

Friends, please know that I'm always here for you.  If today happens to be the last time we ever talk, know that you have made me a better person.  Thank you for all of the support that you have given to me over the years.  Thank you for always being there for me when I've needed you.  As I type this I remember several friends who have made a difference and I thank you.  Thank you.

-Jeremy-

2 comments:

Cindy Caudle said...

Glad to see you back on the blog. I missed reading yours. You always have thought provoking subjects. Paige is so cute in your pictures.

Jackie Rogers Hammond said...

You have always been one of my best friends and I don't know what I would do with out you and Melissa. I wish we could see you more!