Monday, February 26, 2018

My freak flag



I didn't quite know what I was intending with my post (I wrote it before I wrote this paragraph.) I started writing several things and then thought that they were too snooty and self-righteous and quickly deleted them. We all know how amazingly humble I am and I couldn't quite get myself to rise to a higher level than my readers. You're welcome! Don't worry though, I did put myself on a slight pedestal but this my blog and you all can get over it. *kisses* The  post tonight is a short one but I hope you find it a little entertaining. I know that the dissection of my thoughts and feelings seems to make hearts go a flutter!



We waste far too much time pining over the adventures that we want to take. We want to climb Mount. Everest and even have all of the equipment to do it but never actually make it to the peak. (I meant that figuratively but if you really want to climb Mount. Everest then you go Glen Coco). We go to school and then never use our degrees. We gain all of the knowledge that we can and put it into a tiny white box with a pink bow. It’s pretty to look at but in the end it’s rather useless in that box. Why do we do it? Is it fear? Do we not know where to begin? If we sat down and looked into our hearts, I’m pretty sure that we’d find that we are more prepared for an awesome journey than we thought. Like I said before, we have already prepared for Everest. We just need to pick up our gear and go. 



I want to become the person that is willing to do his own thing. I want to get to the point that I don’t care what others think of me. I want to fart in public and not care who walks into the cloud. That’s not me though, because I do care who smells my gas. I want to dance in the rain without fear that I’m going to get a cold. I want to climb my Everest. Can I do it? You bet your tight little butt cheeks I can. Will I? Yes! I’m slowly working on climbing out of my sparkly shell. Recently, I’ve realized that I’ve let a lot slip through my grasp. The thin sands of my hopes and dreams have been sliding through my fingers for far too long. One of the things that I set out to do this year was to step outside of my pretty white box. I mean for crying out loud, I still get other people to make my doctor’s appointments. This isn’t a physical journey or trip that I’m planning but a personal undertaking. I want to become comfortable in my own skin. I’ve worn the flesh of so many different people. I’ve tried to be the person that I felt others expected. I’ve said and done things that weren’t me. I’ve given up dignity for a few fleeting moments of gratification (pervert). It’s easier at times than others but I’m learning to let my own freak flag fly. Sometimes, I want to fold it up and put it back in its box. I’m hoping that towards the end of the year my flag will be completely unfurled. I hope that you will all see it dancing in my freaky sky.
 
-Jer

No comments: