Monday, March 5, 2018

Come and stand under my shade tree

Water erosion created this picturesque scene
I have so much on my mind. It's hard to process one thing without another worming its head into the picture. I usually let writing do the talking. I express my feelings through the words that I put on the pages of my notebooks and journals. I use this platform to narrow in on those bombarding thoughts. Lately, it seems that more than one thought wants to be painted. I'm not even sure this entry will suffice to bring solace to an overcrowded head. I shall try.

I'm sick and tired of all of the idiots spouting off their ideas on social media. If you don't have anything to back up your opinions, do us all a favor and stop trying to sound smarter than you are. I'm tired of people who preach tolerance and then turn around and spew hate towards others. I'm sick of reading about people who insist that we should respect the rights and opinions of others and then state how their opinion is the only right one and the opposing opinions are coming from a place of bigotry and arrogance. I've sat back and read and listened as people make fools of themselves, laughing at their hypocrisy. I'm not going to sit back anymore. If you are going to insist on promoting your agenda then I'm going to insist on humbling you in your process. I've grown to dislike reading through my social media feeds. The dissemblers who promote their ignorant schemes are becoming a blight.

That being said, there are a lot of people who truly know what they are talking about when they voice their thoughts and feelings, which sometimes isn't very often. Often, they stand silent, knowing that a runaway word might do more harm than good. They stand bold in their beliefs and won't back down. They've carefully studied. They haven't lightly made decisions based on one or two events. They've devoted time in gaining an understanding of the things that they find to be true. They don't allow the self-righteous dullards to antagonize them into saying something unrestrained. They have a fire burning within their very souls and won't let the ideas of the uneducated masses possess them. They don't wait for a specific event to make a difference. They devote their entire lives in attempting to fix the injustices in the world. They don't get on social media and try and belittle others. These are the true leaders of the world. They are the ones who will make a difference in the end.

I have opinions, sometimes really strong ones. I don't express these feelings unless someone or something aggravates me to the point that I cannot keep silent. I find these people to be mountains. They stand tall, lording over everyone else. They feel that their size gives them the right to intimidate anything smaller than them. What they don't realize is that the wind and water are silently and patiently eroding them in some way. It is the wind and the water that cause change. The mountains eventually do bow to the power of these other two forces. Mountains are corruptible and will not stand forever.

Wind erosion created these beautiful formations
-Jer

No comments: